Become a Teacher
If you would like to be a teacher during our next Science on Saturday event, please follow the simple instructions below:
- Step 1: Determine whether you would prefer to teach by yourself or with a co-teacher. Either is acceptable.
- Step 2: Think of a class that you would enjoy teaching to elementary children. It should be something fun, academically informative, and relatively brief since classes only last 25 minutes.
- Step 3: E-mail either of the BBB Service Co-Chairs, informing them of your interest. In your email make sure to include:
- Your name(s), e-mail address(es), and phone number(s)
- The title of the class you plan to teach
- A short 2-4 sentence description of the class. This description will be pasted directly to this website under ‘Classes’, so please double-check for any spelling errors.
- The sessions you are available to teach during.
- Morning session: 8:30am-11:30am
- Afternoon session: 12:30pm-4:00pm
- Both sessions (preferred)
- A detailed quantitative materials list of supplies that the BBB Service Co-Chairs will purchase for your classroom
- Step 4: The BBB Service Co-Chairs will respond with any questions or clarifications they may have regarding your class.
- Step 5: Start preparing your lesson!